Saturday, March 24, 2007

cry freedom

i just realized i'm going home for passover in one week. for one who has not had the (mis)fourtione of sitting through one of our saders...concider yourself lucky.

it is going to be a shitshow. but thank god passover comes with wine. lots of it. good wine...not that i'm hating my two-buck-chuck from trader joe's. that stuff is amazing on a college budget. but it's always nice not to have to pay for really nice, expensive wine.

actually...come to think of it...i havent had a good bottle of wine since florida.

even though i'm pretty much the worst jew in the world, passover is one of those holidays i dont think i could not awknowledge. i know i'm about to dork-ify myself more than i ever have but i really like the story...of how moses brought the people out of slavery in egypt to israel. and my family has all of these little traditions...when we get to the recitation of the plagues in the hagadah and hit the one about the frogs we all sing the "frogs here, frogs there, frogs we're jumping everywhere" song that we learned in preschool...and when we get to the dayanu (salvation) song, my cousins and i will mess with the beat & harmony to try to mess everyone up...

this year, the table dynamics are probably going to be a little weird. over the summer, my dad got into a really big fight with his sister and they havent spoken since. i dont know if his sister's family is coming to the saders...they usually come to one. if they do...it'll be interesting to see if phil & kim (a) show up (b) stay (c) ignore me. yeah...i dont know what the hell i did but i'm the only one they dont talk to. i guess i'm too...i dont know...whatever.

and also...i may have drunkdialed my cousin a couple times this year. but i dont think she realized my drunkness. except i have no recolection of anything said in the aformentioned exchanges.

i think people should just take my phone away from me when i'm drunk. seriously. nothing good comes of me having it. and it's not like i'm driving shitfaced.

i actually am really opposed to people who drive drunk. it's a stupid, unnessasary risk. call a freaking cab or walk or sober up.

i wonder how my family is going to deal with me being blonde...and somewhat intelligent. last passover i was a redhead with a blackeye from a rugby game and exahusted from having a tourny earlier in the day. now i'm blonde, no blackeyes as of yet and a billion times more highstrung. but i somewhat have my act together...i'm doing the college thing, studying my butt off, have my summer all planned out. if you didnt know me, i'd seem to be almost well-adjusted.

ha! me...well adjusted. thats the biggest load of crap ever.

No comments: