Sunday, March 25, 2007

bring on the flood

its beautiful outside. i'll be the first to admit that i love grey, rainy days but there's just somthing cool about waking up on a sunday morning with the light breeze from an open window and the bright chatter of spring birds gently rousing you from your slumber at your lesure, as opposed to a blaring alarm at 4:30am, screaming at your head to wake up...abruptly ending your REM cycle.

last night was a good night. very...relaxing. i finished the notecards for my examples from thoreau for my paper. so now i only need six more from stowe. easy stuff.

apparantly though...my mother had a shitty night. my brother and two of his friends, in their infanite 15-year-old wisdom, snuck out of the house to go smoke at like 3am. and where do they choose to smoke...not the backyard (which would make the most sence...we have a trampolene and a swingset and oh yeah...fully fenced in yard so nobody could catch them!) but the park. this particular park, unknown to the boys, is where the cops hang out at 2-3am to catch little buggers like them smoking. so, from what my father told me, the cops arrested them for posession, disorderly conduct and just being shitheads. leaving my mother to get a phone call at 330am to pick up my brother from the police station.

good job kiddo.

let me tell you why this is bad:
1- he is a freshman in high school. his grades suck to the point where the child-study team has to evaluate him to see if he has a learning disability or somthing.
2- both my mother and my father are lawyers. and i'm in politics. to the point where if his name got out (which it shouldnt cuz he's a minor, but people talk) it could be very very very bad for any of us.
3- my dad had/has issues with addiction. serious ones. to the point where he went to rehab a few times and has to still be medicated to make sure he doesnt slip up. i know people say it's impossible to get addicted to pot but i mean...maybe he's addicted to the way it makes him feel and not chemically addicted. and pot now...blow later.
4- my stepmom has never liked my brother. this just gives her more ammunition against having him stay up with dad, her son and herself.
5- passover is next week and my family talks a bunch of shit. we're the traditional jewish yentas (gossipers). as much as my brother and i dont get along, i just dont want him to have to deal with the awkward questions & stares i got when i was doing the "fuck you, i hate everyone" thing.
6- even though it wasnt my fault at all...i know i am going to get blamed for this by my mother. or if not this...my mother will tear me apart for the tinyest things and just account my brother getting arrested to "normal teenage rebellionness" and reward him for...absolutly nothing.
7. my brother got busted for shoplifting/petty theft last spring. i dont know if he was ever charged with anything for it but it could make his punishment harsher.

yeah...my family is fucked up. i'm not going to deny doing the exact same thing when i was his age (actually...probably younger) but at least i never got caught. not by the cops or my parents or anyone. cuz i'm just amazing like that. and he's been caught sooo many times by my mother and she never did anything about it.

whoops. good call mother.

No comments: