Sunday, April 15, 2007

pearls on a plate

After yesterday's extreme dissatisfaction over my piece was recognized, I (for once) decided to do somthing about it. I completly redid the intro sketch. I decided that I'm just going to have to do bit by bit to have this turn into the powerful story I know it can be. It's still not that good...but it's a small improvement over the mess it was before. No... I lied. It's still a fucking mess.

The femanazi is a rare breed. While consciously extricating herself from all things masculine, she is often described as that. From her scraggily, unkempt mane to her standard-issue beater and baggy, torn jeans she is easily identified. The femanazi’s mornings begin early at the gym, not in the hopes of becoming more fit, but in search of something more powerful than that. A lot of personal battles are waged and won during her 5am runs. The femanazi is craving the revolution, and when it all goes down, she’ll be out front…taking out any man who dares stand in her way. Her evenings are spent in front of the computer, furiously spreading the gospel of a man-free society, claiming to be in dire need of absolution from testosterone’s oppressive arm. In her mind, she is the sole embodiment of female disenfranchisement and wears it on her sleeve. Nary can a man be found on the feminazi’s iPod. It is all angry fem-rock for her, for that is what she is…angry.

Yeah, I know it needs work. But it's somewhat better than before. Ugh. This is why next semester is going to be good for me...3 English classes. One of which being a creative writing course. I know it's going to be tough for me to workshop some of my more personal pieces, but how can I expect to publish my work if A) I can't deal with sharing it with 15 other people and B) I don't recieve some constructie critism on my writing to make it not suck as bad as it does now.

Ugh. I really want to try to get all of my work done this week because ARTS FESTIVAL!!!!! is next weekend! I'm sooo excited. I'm really not a hippie, nor a member of the artistic community here, but I love this sort of thing. Bands, free expression, poetry... just a time to relax around like-minded, creative folk. A constructive escape before the perils of academia once again consume our souls.

No comments: