Tuesday, April 10, 2007

homebird

Funny story...I overdrew my bank account. Again. And since I'm pretty much broke, I had to suck it up and ask for money from my parents. You have no idea how much I hate having to do that. I mean, I'm almost 20. I need to start being more responsible. I'm pretty sure it was my last tuition payment though that did it...I thought it was going to be close but I didn't realize it would have put me over. Damn.

At least I'm getting more work now. I got tapped by two people for some speeches. Just local so I'm not that excited about it but I mean, it's money and it's somthing I'm somewhat adept at. City council and union rep. Easy stuff.

But yeah, so now I feel like just as I was starting to get back to normal after seeing them, I'm right back where I started mentally & emotionally & physically. Every time I even talk to them, I feel like I'm six years old and listening to them talk down to me. It is almost as if in their eyes, I still am incapable of taking care of myself. Sorry. I've been on my own for quite some time now and I think I've almost got the hang of it. And if they really gave a damn, they'd realize I keep overdrawing on my bank account and have hideous credit because I pay for everything...all my college expenses, health insurance, life insurance, little brother's school & tutors, cellphone bill...everything.

I haven't been a manditory expense to them since my thirteenth birthday. I could have been a bitch and just moved out and made them pay for everything still...but I didn't. And it's not like they don't have the money to help me out a bit.

I think what really kills me is that my brother is still stuck there. Yeah, he and I don't get along at all but he's 15 and that's to be expected. At least I care about him. I mean, I pay for private school for him and tutors. When I'm home I take him shopping for such extravagancies like decent clothes to wear for school, a new skateboard and an ipod so he doesn't feel left out. He's in 9th grade...I don't want him to feel like he doesn't have somthing his friends have because of our parents. And they could totally afford it too...but vacation and their incessant lawyer's bills back and forth...arguing over every single item in the house six years after the divorce...those things just get in the way of taking care of their child.

Being told your an accident every day isn't really the best environment in which to grow up. Poor kid. At least I escaped.

No comments: