Friday, April 20, 2007

loose ends

Wow. My life sucks.

So I finally got cleared to register for classes. Good, right? NO. I get waitlisted for my creative writing and my british romantic poetry class. I'm the first person on the waitlist for both of the classes so hopefully I'll get in to them. Especially since I need the creative writing class for my minor and I need the romantic poetry class for my general ed requirements. Plus, my roomate for next year is in the romantic poetry class and she's not that great at English or literature so we figured, if I took it I could help her with it. And I was going to take this freshman lit class just for fun...somthing to keep me sane, you know...and because I already took a 100-level lit, I'm overqualified for it and all of the spots are gonna go to the incoming freshman. I theoretically could petition the department head but he hates me. I honistly don't know what I did...I mean, I've never met the guy before in my entire life and the only contact I've ever had with him has been via email...but he hates me. But, I mean, I guess it's worth asking him. Maybe...maybe I can see if he'll let me add it when we start back up next semester if there is room and the prof says its ok. And I have the prof now for my lit class and took one with her last semester too so I think I have a bit of a repour with her...so maybe all is not lost. Hopefully not.

And for the polisci major, I need this public policy class. Except they said I don't have the prerequsites for it. Which is complete bullshit. I did AP intro to polisci in high school and got a 3 on it. Usually they dont take anything less than a 4 but because I got two additional credits from a summer program, they we're going to waive the intro polisci class here. But, when I went to register this morning, they said that they never recieved any documentation of either. Which is bullshit. I was assured when I came here that all of my credits would transfer in. I honistly wouldn't have come here if they weren't going to. And now, way after the fact, I find out that they didnt. Complete bullshit on their part. The professer for the policy course isnt here till Monday, so I basically have to deal with the registrar's runaround later today and probably resubmit my scores (which I'm going to have to fucking PAY for cuz it's almost 3 years after the fact) then beg the prof next week. Because, otherwise I can't take the class till my Senior year. And I dont want to have to do that, especially when I'm trying to graduate early and I'm doing a very credit-intensive major and a loaded minor.

We have this saying about Rutgers up in Jersey....you come to learn and love the RU screw. And that's kind of what I feel like I'm getting right now. The constant runaround with administration and the registrar and the department heads. They're making me fight to stay here when they were begging me to come here in the first place.

At least today is my holiday haha. Freaking 4:20 baby! So I can smoke a bit and not feel guilty for once.

But I also have a 15-page paper to write for my terrorism classon the Chechnya situation...yeah haven't started it yet. Whoops. Sorry. And I have to find secondary sources for my lit paper. Ugh.

I need to drink tonight too...it's been that kind of a day so far. And it's not even noon yet.

No comments: