Saturday, April 21, 2007

first instant

Today was the first good day I've had in a while. It was/is so beautiful out...the perfect day for arts festival. But, being the dork I am, I took my Norton Anthology out with me to start rereading my primary texts for my lit paper. I have to say, it was very Emersonian of me. There's this one Dickinson poem that I'm using in my paper....241...and I've always had a problem with it. I could never understand what Emily was trying to say. Albet, I decided to use it in my paper anyways...cuz somthing was telling me it'd work well. So today, I cracked open my anthology and started to analyze it. And for once...I understood it...sort of. I mean, I know her writing is very multidementional but I'd never been able to get anything out of this poem. But, today I did. Which makes me a bit happier than it probably should, but that's ok.

And I was hanging out with a bunch of people...I mean I only knew a couple of them but the ones I didnt I thought they weren't a fan of me. But today we talked and chilled and they are all really cool. It was so funny...Dr. Foys...this lit prof here came over and pretty much admonished me for studying. But, everyone talks so much crap about him...saying his classes are rediculous, that he's arrogant and pretentious and will tear you to pieces if you disagree with him. So...never having talked with the guy, needless to say I was petrified when he came over and started talking with us. But, apparantly he went to school the town over from where I am in Jersey and graduated high school with my uncle. Small world. I actually really like the guy...he seems to be extremly chill and freaking brilliant. Or maybe my unequivical love for everything literary...the texts and scholars alike...makes me a bit biased.

My guy here..Dj...it's his 20th birthday today. So what kind of person would I be if I didn't awknowledge his making it this far on my meak space....Happy Birthday love. 20 beautiful years, with many more to come.

...maybe I should just become an English major? I don't know. I don't like not knowing what I want to do. I love polisci but I'm absolutly entranced by the written word.

1 comment:

Riker said...

hey hey!! thanks for dropping by mi blog... hope you do so again! :)

would you mind if we exchange links? hehe

anyway..

the weather is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!!