Wednesday, April 11, 2007

every planet we reach is dead

Ugh. So as soon as I figure out where I want to get my masters, they drop the program. Yup. No more rhetoric program at the only school in the DC area that also had a public policy program. Meaning, unless they reinstate it, I'm going to have to A)find a different school in the area that has a rhetoric program and then do policy at a different school or B)move out of the DC area. Option B really isn't an option though. I need to be down here for work. All of my friends are here. This is where I want to live...after searching for nearly 20 years, this is the one area I really feel at home in. I'm not going to be happy if I have to give up the sence of security I have gained here to work on my masters programs.

And I know I'm stressing out about grad school two years too early but this is what I do. I'm always focused on my next move. I've had the GRE practice books since the begining of first semester...albet they are most likley going to change the exam by the time I sit for it, at least I'll have some idea of what will be expected of me.

And I have a headache. I know it's probably just a morning thing but stil...I think I'm at the point where every little thing is going to get to me.

O fuck. So I just checked my email and the head of the English department said that it's really unlikley that I can get approved for a minor in rhetoric. And I can't do the independant study next semester because I don't have enough credits in 200+ level English classes. So I don't really know where to go from here. I mean. I need to get my masters in Rhetoric. And having it as a minor with my B.A. would not only look good on my transcripts but also give me a solid background going into grad school. Yeah, I've been teaching myself the basic principles for a while now (with flashcards and everything) and if I keep that up for the next few years, I should be ok but it wont be the same as having had an undergrad program in the subject. I guess if they don't let me do the minor in rhetoric, I can just minor in writing...but...yeah.

I guess then for next semester I should just find a 200+level English that will work with the writing minor. That way, just in case they decide to let me do a rhetoric minor, I'll have enough credits for an independent study next spring or any time thereafter. And maybe I can find one that will work for the other part of the English core requirements. Ugh. Whatever. I just feel like such a dumbass. I should have checked out all of the requirements before I shot him an email requesting permission.

...today is just going to be one of those days.

No comments: