Saturday, May 12, 2007

those to come

Terrorism & Justice exam happened. I didn't cry, unlike two of my friends who already took the exam. Yeah, it wasn't as painful as I had thought it was going to be...but it was still pretty bad. Imagine 50 multiple-guess questions, all reading a varriation of "all of the following are true EXCEPT". Yeah. Ouch.

I knew some of them, I think I was pretty solid on theory and domestic terrorism...but that's it. Oh well. I could have not taken the final at all and ended up with a 70% in the class, but that's a C and that's unacceptable as a final grade. But, as long as I get a 10/20 or better on the exam, I get a B in the class. For an A, I would have had to have gotten a 20/20 on the exam...which I'm telling you right now didn't happen. I can be ok with a B in Terrorism, really I can. An A would have been nice, but the class started kicking my butt from day 1 and I've been playing catch-up all semester.

I still have to take my International Relations exam. I guess I'm just gonna do it Monday at 2...unless by some miracle I'm awake and functioning enough to sit for the 9:30 exam. I'm not too worried about IR. I need a 16.4/20 on the exam to have a solid B in the class. It's sort of the same situation as with Terrorism. I need a 20/20 for an A. Although theoretically possible, it's probably not in the cards...especially with another multiple-guess exam.

I am so bad at multiple-guess...I'd much rather take an essay exam. I always end up second guessing myself, especially when two things could both be right. I'm bad at picking what's "more" right. I think that's why I like English so much...unless you put up somthing that's completely out of left field, it can be right. And even if it's crazy, as long as you can justify it through the text...it's still sort of right.

I think I've realized how much of a caffeine fiend I have become over the past year. Seriously. Sugar-Free Rockstars and Carb-Free Full Throttle have become water for me. I don't know if that's a bad thing or not...but whatever. I'm not healthy anyways...

Except that I am OCD healthnut about most things. I try to eat all organic and I don't eat meat (fish doesn't count) and I run...a lot...and do yoga, hike and try not to stress out. But I don't know if the smoking, excessive caffeine and partying cancel out the healthy.

Whatever. I'm young, reckless and too dumb to know the difference.

No comments: