Wednesday, May 9, 2007

stnding still

American Lit is done with. I completly choked on the multiple guess questions and on the essays. Of course. Even though my friend and I reviewed and practically wrote our essays beforehand...by the time I got to writing them, I was gone. But, I'm actually kind of ok with how I did on the quote and charactor identifications. I mean, I'm guessing I landed in the low B- high C range on this one...but whatever. It's done and that's what matters.

My DC Mike is thinking about going to Grad School for American Lit & Composition. This makes me really freaking disgustingly happy. He's my guy...and if anyone needs to pick a new career, it's him. He's so unhappy working on the Hill now, it's almost pathetic. But I completly understand. Politics is completly heartless and while we may love playing the game, it eats away at you. And eventually you hit the point where you either suck it up and deal with being miserable or you leave it. He's leaving it. Or if not leaving, taking a temporary hiatius from the madness. Mike is too good of a person to have to cope with the backstabbing, monotony, stress and inability to inflict change chipping away at his spirit day by day while working for the Senator.

The kind of weird thing is that I realize that politics instantly screws people like me and Mike over. We don't know how to NOT feel. We get too passionate and it completly drains us to the point where we're either drones or so depressed that we'll do anything to stop caring. Absolutly anything.

And that's where the problems start.

No comments: