Sunday, May 20, 2007

over. under. sideways. down.

I fell back into the campaign madness earlier with the first installment of Obamamania. And within minutes of being there, I realized how much I missed it. There really is nothing like having the opportunity to affect change the way you do when you're out working the grassroots for a candidate. Obama's campaign at this point is 99% grassroots and look at what we've been able to do so far...we're organizing events nationwide from the fabulous planning session earlier to low-dollar fundraisers to 4500 people showing up in Manchester, NH on a rainy Saturday to hear the Senator speak then go out and canvass the surrounding area. It's amazing the draw Obama has. I know all of the candidates try to come off as being the everyman but either Obama actually is or he's just faking it better than Hillary.

I think I severly pissed one of my friends off earlier by telling her that when she punched a wall, it was the same thing as me cutting. It's not only the need to feel somthing...anything...but also our impulse control. Why do I cut? Because at the moment it's the only thing I can think about and it will be until I actually do it. Why did she hit the wall? Because she couldn't get the thought of doing it out of her head. It's exactly the same. Well. Not exactly cuz our triggers are completely different..but the same concept. I'm more passive-aggressive than her. But...that's not the point. The point is that she really has no right to call me out on her hitting the wall and breaking her hand when she bitches at me constantly if I have a new scar. I really only do it because I care though.

Out of all of us...she's the only one left who might actually have a chance.

No comments: