Wednesday, May 16, 2007

hanginaround

Blah. I have no motivation to keep packing. If it wasn't extremly wasteful, not to mention fiscally and environmentally irresponsible, I would just throw out everything I have and buy new stuff back in Jersey...I hate packing that much.

And it's raining, which makes it even worse. All I really want to do is go outside and run. I love running in the rain. There's just somthing so pure about it. Breaking through the torrents of rain as your feet lightly dance over the pavement.

I'm going to miss my morning runs here. Yeah ok I'm still going to run at home but there is somthing comforting about running the same streets, passing the same graffiti-laden stop sign, the same puppy who runs along side you for as far as their electric fence allows, the same tree that looks just like the one you had your first *real* kiss under...

The facilities crew here on campus has been setting up for graduation, right outside my window. Every morning. At 6am. Uncool guys (and girls--just to be P.C.), very uncool.

I can't even think about graduating yet. I want to be done with this place as soon as I can be, but I don't think I'm ready to have to be a full-fledged adult yet. So what if I'm not completely immature like 99.99999% of other people my age? I still relish the opportunities I have to be young and dumb. I don't think society would appreciate it if two or three years from now I go out and get wrecked at some random party then sleep till noon the next day. And it's not even the immaturity factor that scares me. Seeing as I could barely handle my classes this semester (and none of them were over the 200-level) was a really big wake-up call for me. I need to bust my butt this summer, in and out of classes. I need to be reading everything I can get my hands on and start teaching myself classical theory just so when grad school and the GREs rear their ugly head, I'm not completly left behind.

But none of this will matter if I don't finish packing my stuff for Friday...

No comments: