Friday, June 1, 2007

trouble

So last night at work... some drunk fratboys got a little too physical with the new girl. When Frank, one of the bouncers, came over, one of the shitheads took a swing at him, so Frank punched him in the face. Cops show up, the little rich jerk files a report against my guy and I get stuck cleaning up the blood off the floor when we close.

Not so much fun.

I had to run by the high school earlier to pick up my brother's homework for the next two weeks. Kind of surreal, being back there. It looks the same...same little preppy whores out front, same security guards, same faded awards touting National Honor Society sponsorship and such.

I'm exhausted though. When I got back last night/this morning I took a sleeping pill. Then I woke up two hours later to run before it got too hot out. And I've been up since. Working tonight from 8 till prolly 3 or 4am...whenever we close. And then Monmouth tomorrow with Dad. I know it's kind of hillbilly of us but we go to the racetrack, sit in the stands, have a few beers and bet on the horses. It's always been our thing though, back from when I used to be **obsessed** with all things equine.

James called me this afternoon. The kid's scared out of his mind but I played supportive chic and basically just reassured him. Because I know deep down he's going to be ok. He was born to be a soldier. Hooah.

Oh. Montecristo cigars are amazing. Everyone should smoke them. Plus, I look pretty badass with a cigar and my sunglasses when I'm out playing poker during breaks at work. Hell yeah.

I need some RedBull. Or Stackers. Just somthing to help me make it through the day.

No comments: