Saturday, June 2, 2007

sweet johnny

So I should know by Monday or Tuesday I'm hoping...either way. I hate this. I put myself in this position though. I'm completly addicted to the military. It's not my fault though, my dad's family for the most part is all Navy or Marine Corps and it's what I've been around since I was a kid. I understand them and they get me. So I guess it works. I just hate the worrying that goes along with it. Every time I hear somthing about Iraq or Afghanistan, I have to take a step back and hope that none of my people were involved or if they were, that they are all ok. Sometimes they aren't ok, but it's a fact of the job. And that sucks.

Completly coincidently, some of our mutual friends are down from Vermont for the week. I think it's good though. I mean, James has no real family...we're pretty much it. So we'll all be together to either revil in triumph or mourn the defeat. Either way though, we're together.

James is my person. More than any of the people I have left, he is my true counterpoint. I love him and I cannot imagine a world without him. Which is good because he is coming home safe.

Never give up hope...it's bad juju.

No comments: