Monday, June 18, 2007

river, river

I have the reading nine hours from now. I'm scared out of my mind. I mean, I know once I get up there I'll be fine. It's just the wait that's killing me right now. If anything though, I'm ok with the pieces I'm doing. I think that'll help.

Mike and I had a big talk last night. And everything is good. He said he just freaked out when he read my work. I don't know if that was quite my intended reaction, but I really will take any reaction other then the nausiatingly fake "Like wow. That was sooo super good!" crap I always get.

I invited my parents to the reading, as a gesture of goodwill, I guess. They're not coming. I didn't really expect them to, but it would have been nice to know that they we're planning on coming. But I mean, their absence is one less thing for me to freak out over. Which is always appreciated.

I got these really cool contacts the other day that make my eye look all white. Like no iris or pupil or any thing. Just white. Is it bad that I love that they make me look like a zombie? I think I'm just way too amused by them.

I need to have another garage sale soon, down at my mother's house. I think this one is going to suck more, just because the things I need to get rid of are from when I was a kid. And that's always hard. Not that I still have my stuffed animals in my room or anything... only Eeyore and my Mike bear (the night before Mike deployed for the desert, he showed up at my door with a huge black teddy bear wearing a white beater and a set of his dog tags and he sprayed it with Curve for Men so it smelled like him. It still lives on the bench at the end of my bed.)

I guess I'm just selfish. I keep saying I need to purge myself from my past, including anything that was with me back then, but I refuse to let go. Sad but true.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The tension...the tension. Hope all goes well. Those contacts sound killer.

lifeline said...

Hey, good luck with the reading. I would be curious to know what you wrote. The contacts sure sound like fun (and probably look indeed like zombie). Have fun.