Thursday, June 7, 2007

improved shadow

Let me start off by saying how much I adore Damian (my stylist) right about now. We ended up bringing up the length just around two inches to just below my collarbones but shaped it by adding more layers with a razor and sideswept bangs. Sigh. I love. But he wants to wait a few weeks to do my color to give my hair time to relax...the cuticle was getting a little fried which is never good. Whatever. If Damian wasn't obscenly gay I'd marry him in a second. He is so MY gay.

Sad news though. As of now, it looks like my brother is going to be doing 9th grade over again. Being suspended two weeks before his finals certinly didn't help the situation and for him to pass, he cannot get below a B+ on any of the exams...which, let's be honist, is going to be damn near impossible for him to pull off. But, I really have no sympathy for him. He brought it upon himself by not going to class and completly messing around when he did, not to mention not exerting any effort outside of school. Whatever. It's not my problem.

There's a really good possibility of me roadtripping at some point down to Daytona Beach, Florida to check out my friend Mike's new place. He just got out of the Army after two 18-month tours in Iraq and decided his hometown of LA wasn't for him anymore so he packed up and finally settled down in FL. Mike is a really great guy, I met him in a bar in West Hollywood a few years ago when he was home on leave and we just instantly clicked. Most hilarious of all, we share the same last name as well as the same first initial. But we stayed in touch when he went back to the desert and now we're really close. I'm actually really excited to see him, we cought up when he was back on leave in late January but haven't seen each other since.

Tomorrow should be fun. I have an early workshop at 8:15 then I'm going to the Joss Stone show in Central Park with Janet, Amia and one of her friends. Hopefully it won't rain though, I mean I love the rain but not when I'm going out. Kind of a downer though, they don't sell within the Park so the girls and I are bringing our happy flasks. Everything is so much better with vodka.

I love workshop. I never realized how much I learn from critiquing and being critiqued by my peers. Even in the past two weeks, I feel like the pieces I've been working on have gotten so much tighter. Which is always a good thing. I'm going to lose the reader in thirty seconds or less if my writing doesn't get better...and fast.

No comments: