Wednesday, July 4, 2007

notorious

Shira is coming back from Prague next week. She pretty much is the one member of my family who I do not have any issue with. Actually wait...she's theonly one. She and I have the same issues about everything and it's so hilarious to see us together. We're the neurotic twins of the Upper West Side.

Last time she was back was more than year ago, for Phil and Kim's wedding where both of us got entirely too intoxicated. Kind of sucks that it went down like that. I guess the last time we had one of our talks though has to have been two or three years ago. There's so much crap that has happened...I don't even know where to begin with her. I sincerely hope she hasn't changed.

And Shira's the one who got me writing again. When I was 12, my father found my notebooks and burned them. I mean, it was no great loss to the literary community I assure you. But still. And so I didn't write or even consider it for a really long time. During which I was even more fucked up than I am right now. Yeah. Major fucking issues going on and I was in a really shitty place. Shira just grabbed me and bitched me out till I started writing again.

Best memory ever though with her was dropping x down the shore. We got so incredably vivid, as you tend to do when you roll, and ended up walking the length of LBI all night. Tip to tip...only about 10 miles. But absolutly hilarious.

Finally there is going to be another one of me back in the family. I'm done with being the fuckedup one.

2 comments:

Amrita said...

Hi Lilith,
I really like your friends 's names
Shira in hindi means sweet syrup and Chandi means silver. I find them really attractive.Are these Jewish names?

Have a good time with Shira and stay sober.

Sorry to hear what happened to your childhood writing.The other thing happened to me. I had a whole collection of journals which burnt in a fit of anger because my parents were forcing me to marry a man I disliked.God saved me from that horror otherwise i would have killed myself.

Mark Twian said; Do what is right, it will gratify some people and astonish others.

How was your Dad 's birhtday and July 4th?
Which university are you studying in?

Anonymous said...

OMG! I've been completely trashed from end to end of that beach myself. Well, maybe not end to end, but only cause I kept falling face first into the Atlantic.