Wednesday, July 11, 2007

french kiss the end of time goodbye, baby

So work day numero two was FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!! I get in early and start working on the press release for Saturday's festivities and our exec. director walks in and starts reading over my sholder. He tells me after that he thinks I can write. Yeah I clearly can, in terms of media/public relations work, but just hearing from my higher-up really means a lot. And not to mention that during fundraising, we brought in $2900 which was TWICE our goal for the night. FUCK YES!!!

After, we all went out to celebrate and we get a call that Blue Ribbon Day is going to be sometime this week. Blue Ribbon Day is like this giant competition within all of the offices throughout the country. Basically what happens is that someone from the central headquarters down in DC comes up unanounced and quizzes everyone on staff about the orginization: rules, training policy, what causes we're focusing on...but also they ask general questions like how many members of Congress voted on a certain piece of legislation and such. There's no penality for not doing so great on Blue Ribbon Day...it's more for pride.

Which I don't even need to worry about though, cuz we're gonna win majourly.

I'm just kind of bummed though that Michael is still being really distant. Whatever. I'm finally starting to feel like I can be happy on my own and I think....I think I might just be ready to run with that for a while. See what happens. I don't know. Whatever. I think partially though, in the end, I just don't want to end up alone.

1 comment:

Amrita said...

Wish you all the best for Blue Ribbon Day. I am confident you will score very high.

Maybe Mike is just busy. Remember men are just desserts,the main course of life is something else. No I 'm not a femminist!