Wednesday, October 10, 2007

rire par ses déchirures

Wow. Ok. Where did half of the semester go? I seriously cannot believe it's already midterm week! Arugh. Seriously, it's freaking me out a little bit. Last year it did not seem that it went by as fast as the past month and a half have. I guess it's maybe because last year I was so wrapped up in campaign things with Linda that I was only really half-here and the deadline I was counting down to was not Finals and winter vacation, but rather Election Day. Even now, recognizing that half of the semester is gone, December seems so far away.

And yet, I'm completely content. I think. I'm almost...giddy. I mean, I haven't been able to stop laughing and smiling and just being silly even though there's a lot of crap bothering me right now. Yet with all the crap, I know that I cannot control it so I guess it makes it easier. Yeah...I know I can't control the fact that I might be knocked up. Or that my 16 year old brother DID get his 14 year old girlfriend preggers. Or that Mike is into the girl Rob cheated on me with (FUCKING JERKS!!!). Or that my philosophy professor gave me low marks on a paper because it was "too stylistically mature" for her and she thought I must have plagiarized it. Or that my stepmom is a skanky bitch and is using my dad to pay her bills...

I'm happy that I've met Tristan. It's been a couple of weeks now and yeah, we're STILL not (in facebook terms) "in a relationship" but we're dating. He totally said it himself too, it's not just a Lilith-being-stupid-and-girly thing. He's so freaking sweet too... I almost don't know how to take it. Today, even though he doesn't have class till 2, he showed up at 12:30 and just chilled with me till we had to go sit through the most boring lecture...ever. Then after classes we just walked around and explored and watched scary freaking movies. This weekend I don't know what's gonna happen though. It's fall break so we're off this coming Monday and Tuesday and he said he wants to do something this weekend so I'm not sure. I mean, I know I'm probably going to end up staying over at his house one of the days which will be cool. His parents are great and they're cool to hang out with within their own right. This whole dating this is completely foreign to me though. I guess I'm just not used to the whole someone actually doing nice things for me thing. Which is kind of sad.

Oh well. I'm determined not to fuck this one up.

2 comments:

Amrita said...

all this shows you do care for people. and that is good.

i did not understand your latin

Amrita said...

oh dear so its french.I didn 't read it carefully otherwise i would have guessed. i know a wee bit of German too, had it in HS