Saturday, October 13, 2007

ouch

David Rebovich died and that sucks. For you all who have no idea about NJ politics, he was a professor down at Rider University in Lawrenceville and a nonpartisan consultant & commentator. And he's the reason I haven't quit yet. Mainly because he wouldn't let me...

After the '04 cycle losses, I thought I was done. We were doing the postmortem and I went outside for a cigarette. I couldn't take it anymore. I was done and yeah. He basically told me if I quit, he'd lose all respect for me. And Dave knew I needed the constant approval.

Then yesterday I get the call that I really didn't want to get. Apparently he had a heart attack while lecturing and died instantly. He was 58.

Shit sucks.

1 comment:

Amrita said...

Life is fragile ...that 's why we have to live in such a way that people may remember us for the good we have done