Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Boot Camp!!

God. This morning kicked my ass...

I went to rugby practice last evening which was amazing. I love playing... it's a really good outlet for my frustration. I mean, where else am I encouraged to hit and tackle as hard as possible? Especially this week, with finals coming up and papers due. Everybody here is stressed out and not sleeping. Rugby lets me get away from all of this crap. I think, in my little Lilith Heaven, there's a spot reserved for team sports. Once I hit the field and start running and sweating and bleeding... it all goes away. Needless to say, at practice I played as hard as possible and was ecstatic afterwards.

But then, this morning, I decided to go to Boot Camp workout at the gym. Usually, I can take the workout, no questions asked. Except I guess I didn't realize how sore I was after practice yesterday till we started running stairs. Basically, running up and down flights of stairs with ankle weights on each leg for half an hour with 17 other workoutoholics. Then about an hour of 20 different muscle-failure workouts followed by six laps around the track. It's tough but I love the intensity of it. And yeah... I still pushed hard but now I'm really feeling it. My legs are soooorrrrreeeee.

Oh well. I have practice at 6am tomorrow though so I guess I'll just do some yoga tonight and loosen up my muscles. Ruck. Maul. Tackle... it's not rugby till there's bloodshed.

No comments: