Monday, November 26, 2007

NJ-7 is LIFE/LOVE/ALLTHATMATTERS


It's no big secret to anyone that I am in love with a little stretch of land known to insiders as NJ's Seventh Congressional District. It goes from the Raritan River to the Delaware River, horrizontal across New Jersey. It is Gerrymandered like there is no tomorrow. It is currently represented by a giant prick by the name of Rep. Mike Ferguson, a conservative Republican in moderate shoes. He is anti-choice, hideous on healthcare reform (which really is no big shocker since he's fully funded by the Pharmaceutical lobby), voted against SCHIP, voted for the war, refuses to fund the war he threw our troops into. Which is why it would seem like his 'retirement' this coming Election cycle would be fantastic. But... no. It's not.

I've worked on two consecutive races in the district...the 'o4 and '06 cycles. I want this so bad. But I know it comes down to a money game...especially early on. And the candidates the GOP are putting up for the nomination for their ticket are all good at raising lots and lots of money. Right now I'm really only worried about Kate Whitman and Leonard Lance. Whitman is the daughter of the former NJ Governor Christie Todd Whitman. Lance is the outgoing minority leader in the state senate. Both have a ton of money (and therefore votes) as well as a shitload of name recognition behind them.

Yeah ok so my candidate, Linda Stender, is a sitting assemblywoman and ran last cycle. She has some name recognition and a pretty sweet endorsement from EMILY's List. But... I'm just scared nonetheless. I want this so bad.

I think I just care too much. But that's ok. I'm in it to fucking win it.

That is all.

1 comment:

Amrita said...

I don 't know your politicians. But side with the fair, honest and justice loving ones my dear.