Tuesday, November 6, 2007

crapcrakers and cheese

So my professor neglected to tell us at the beginning of the semester that we have to do a poetry recitation. Yeah. Not so much fun. I know I could do something simple with a rhyme scheme and such, like some Dickinson or Frost but I don't think I'm feeling that.

The first thing that came to mind was "Lady Lazarus" by Plath. I think I can get away with that. I don't want to do a safe poem. I know it's going to be Sexton, Plath or Ginsberg... just cuz that's the type of person I am. I want it to be something I can get away with. Something so intrinsically Lilith it jarrs you.

Whatever. I just need to get this done.

1 comment:

Amrita said...

I must find this poem and read it too. I used to write a lot of poetry but not any more. Writing poems used to be a way of releasing tension and getting in touch with myself, now I 've found other ways I guess, but I love reading. I composed songs too.Guess I"m 46 going on 86 ...sigh
Robert Heilen said;"A poet who reads his verse in public may have other nasty habits".
What do you think?