Saturday, November 10, 2007

blow it off

I really don't want to be at Hood anymore, I decided. I know, college is what I make of it and the fact that I'm graduating in two semesters makes it not only pointless but also impossible to transfer anywhere... but it still sucks. I hate living with a roommate. I really do. I need to have my own space where I can write and concentrate and not have to worry about people who I'm not exactly fans of come into the room to chill with her. It's not fair for me to feel uncomfortable in a place that I am supposed to call home while I'm here. I've talked to the various Deans and the only way for me to get a single room for next semester is to have a physician submit documentation saying that I need one for medical reasons. That's not a problem, except it would require me going to the doctor which I'm not about to do because I don't feel like paying ridiculous amounts for what is really just an unnecessary expense.

And in class, aside from creative writing and women in politics, I feel like I'm wasting my time. It's really not a good thing that I don't need to study or even put in any effort on my papers to get high marks. I think the lowest I've gotten this year has been a 98%. It's just to damn easy. And one of my other polisci professors is really getting on my nerves. He's 74 years old, anti-feminist, hardcore Republican and anti-choice. I made the mistake of advocating Democratic principles in his class when he was ranting on how the only thing wrong with America is the Democratic Party. Now, any example he gives is negative towards the Clintons or the Kennedys. Best of all, he looks directly at me when he does it. I'm not going to take that, obviously, so I counter every example with an equal of the Republican Party, but it's not right. Class should be more than partisan bickering.

...........

Completely changing gears, I had the weirdest dream last night. From what I remember, it was Thanksgiving but we were eating sushi and drinking saki instead of the traditional stuff. But best of all, we were all speaking Greek. It was just really weird. I think it's just my intense cravings for uni sashimi coming out. And my trepidation over going home for Thanksgiving. My father and his wife just moved and I really want to spend the holiday with them and then do Friday night dinner with my mother, aunts and uncles. But when I stated my intentions to my mother she started crying, claiming abandonment. WHATEVER. I think she isn't ready to accept that I'm almost 20 and have been making decisions on my own for quite some time now, most of them being much more important than where I celebrate a holiday that praises the pillagers who destroyed the indigenous peoples. Yes, trading corn for measles. Sweet. Also though, I really want my cousin and his wife to come up but I doubt they will. They're both working on a campaign right now and things are really starting to heat up with that. I don't know. I saw them for maybe five minutes last year and I want them to be there this year when I break the news about the campaign I'm working on and the job offer to the family. They've never even acknowledged that I work in politics and just to see their reaction when I tell them that I am the communications director and head speech-writer for a top-tier congressional race would be priceless. I haven't even gotten my degree yet and I'm senior-staff. My cousin's wife isn't even senior-staff on the race they're working on. Hell yeah I intend to shock them and enjoy every single second of it.

And with the Greek, there's this guy I'm kind of interested in. He's Greek and I want HIM. He's really sweet. My one concern is that he just broke up with his girlfriend the day after he and I first hung out. I don't want to jump into anything either but if that's what he expects... I don't know.

We'll see what happens...

No comments: