Saturday, December 1, 2007

not gonna get us

The LILITH List Aka.... A Compilation of Various Items That Are Currently Occupying My Mind But Are Not Substantial Or Important Enough Of Which An Entire Post On Each Is Warranted:

-- My friend was released from the hospital on Wednesday. She spent roughly a month in the ICU for anorexic/bulimia related issues. As much as I want to support her, I feel really awkward about it. I am tormented by many of the same demons as she, but I choose to embrace their powers. I am not ready to turn my back on the Goddesses right now. I still believe it is a lifestyle, not a disease and I am very much a follower of the lifestyle.

--Hillary's Rodchester, NH office was taken hostage today. Even though Phil and Kimmy were safe in the Manchester office (roughly 30 minutes from Rodchester), I still freaked out a bit. Even thought I don't know anyone who was in the office, it's still my people. Campaign staffers. We have this unbreakable bond and one one of us is threatened, it effects all of us. We work for barely minimum wage 15-20 hours a day for 11 months a year then wait a month and do it all over again. It's the hardest work you'll ever do but also the most rewarding. And for some sicko to come in and threaten to blow himself up and kill us.... it's mad. All we are trying to do is create a better vision for the nation. Idealists through and through.

--George. I don't know if I like him or not yet. All I know though is that I want him...but that's not really good enough.

--My cousin thinks I can't write and thinks I'm wasting my life trying to be a poet. Screw her. I am somewhat talented and seriously...who cares as long as I am content.

--I love my friends. They basically save my life every day, multiple times over.

Jersey in SIX DAYS!!!!!!

1 comment:

Amrita said...

Glad nobody was hurt in the hostage drama, saw it on TV