Thursday, December 27, 2007

champagne

Christmas was amusing. It was the usual crew; me, my father and stepmother and their entire extended family. And a lot of alcohol. I personally, was fine. But that's probably because my nightly activity for most of last semester included at least one drink. My family, however.... let's just roll with me being one of the most sober people there. And I started out the night with 5 or 6 nice sized glasses of wine then 3 or 4 'holiday cocktails' i.e. a very potent mix of Grey Goose and Johnny Walker Blue shaken with a bottle of champagne, cranberry juice, lime and ice. Yeah... at least I didn't turn emo. My stepbrother, on the other hand, had his 14 year old butt taken to the hospital because he was plastered beyond all comprehension. Yeah whoops. I didn't give him the liquor though. Turns out, he and my little 16 year old bro brought their own. Meh. After a banana bag and some water the next day, all is forgotten though. 

I quit my job at the pet store. It was starting to become very apparent that a lot of the dogs came from puppy mills and the managers didn't really know how to care for the animals. This being extremely obvious when a dog had a massive heart attack and they decided just to wrap it in a plastic bag and toss it in the freezer because, as they put it, it was "too far gone". I'm not about to work in a place like that. So it's back to Hillarypalloza for me.

I'm actually heading up to New Hampshire to volunteer for Hillary January 2nd through primary day on the 8th. I am BEYOND excited. This really is what I live for. I love having the opportunity to effect change in such an important way.

This post I made on mydd.com made it onto HillaryHub.com.... the rapid response source for HRC's race. I guess someone sent them a tip or something. I just think that is sooo cool. Even though I don't really need it at this point, it's almost like validation that something I'm doing in the political realm is actually somewhat decent. 

The Benazir Bhutto murder this morning really jarred me. It is just so incomprehensible to me that something like that could happen. The murder and subsequent suicide attack of someone who is just trying to do what they think is right for a nation they love. It just shouldn't happen. Regardless of how you feel about their political views. It really doesn't solve anything.


1 comment:

Amrita said...

SAd to hear how they treated the poor dogs. I am a dog person.
The Bhutto assasination was a great shock