Wednesday, December 19, 2007

under eather

I'm back in NJ now and working at a pet store. Yes. The girl who, just last year, cringed at the thought of being anywhere near animals is selling them 40 hours a week. And I love it... or rather I love the people (mostly). The job isn't that bad either. Its decent money and as much as I hate to say it, it does not require an exorbitant amount of brain cells. I think I am the only non-manager who has been through some sort of higher education and I think that is kind of humbling. To think, all of the times that I've almost dropped out, I've stuck with it and yet, I'm working right beside them. 

And living back at home in Jersey isn't that bad. I'm really never there. I leave around 7 every morning, come back around 10 at night then go write before passing out. I have almost no interaction with my family and I love it. I know it's not supposed to be this way, but this works for me. I don't like them and they don't like me. Except we need each other. They need to have me around as validation their lives aren't completely worthless and I need to put on the little Miss Merry Fucking Sunshine face around them so I don't have to sublet a place for two months.

Amusing how these things work, no?

1 comment:

Amrita said...

I 'd love to work in a pet shop Lilith. Animals are such good friends and more faithful and true than humans.They won 't hurt you without a reason.

Keep a reasonable relationship with your family.You don 't have to like people in order to be at peace with them. mind your own business and stay out of clashing distance.