Monday, June 30, 2008

i suck


I'm not doing ROTC. I haven't signed anything yet, so it's technically still legit if I back out now. 

Now for my rationale:
-I really enjoy exercising my right to free speech, in all forms. It wouldn't be right for me to wear a uniform and then go about bad-mouthing the President.
-I also really enjoy being girly, partying, smoking and pink glitter nailpolish. All of which, I believe the Army frowns upon. 
-I don't like to commit to things... I change my plans constantly. Always have. Right now, I want to do military intel... but who's to say six weeks from now (when it would be too late) that I'd still want to do intel. I can't commit to something so profound without being certain. And I'm not.

I think it really comes down to the fact that I don't feel right about doing ROTC when I'm ambilivent about it. I'd be taking the spot of someone who has wanted this their entire life, and right now.. that's not me.

So... yeah.


I also got a new tattoo... it looks gross now because it's peeling but when it stops, I'll put up pics. 

3 comments:

Amrita said...

I am disappointed Lilith, it would have done you a lot of good.

Alice Kildaire said...

I swear chick, sometimes I think you are a friggin' liberal version of my younger self!

Anonymous said...

ROTC? Really? You know, back when I was still studying, just the thought of it gave me anxiety attacks. I joined the marching band so I can avoid it.