Wednesday, February 27, 2008

slave to the groove

The only thing keeping me going right now is the fact that two weeks from today, right now, I am going to be laying on my boat somewhere on the Intercoastal, sipping champagne and getting perfectly tan.

I know it's so petty and probably really unhealthy but I hate being as pale as I am right now. It just makes me feel like I'm fading, even moreso than everything else. Hopefully this upcoming Floridian-stint will be able to amend this. Or, if not, give me enough color to hold me over till it gets warm in Maryland.

Aside from having to deal with familial bullshit when I'm down there, I'm hoping it will be a fun trip. Army Michael (not school Mike... I know there's too many Mikes in my life...deal with it) is trying to drive down from Daytona for the weekend. That would just be perfect. I haven't seen Michael in almost six months now and he's my person. He basically got me through the last half of high school, even when he had much more important things to deal with. Like killing terrorists and such.
He's such a badass! Fuck... I remember Mid-March of my senior year, right smack in the middle of his second tour, my rugby team made it to the finals. I emailed Michael to give him the news and he CALLS ME from the sandbox after the last game, just to make sure we rocked it. Or when he had flowers sent to me for graduation cuz he couldn't be there to give them to me myself. Michael is just that amazing. He gives you what you want... but also he knows what you need. And I think that's almost impossible to find in another human being, you know?

And now I just realized that Mid-March of my senior year was nearly two years ago. And now I feel old.

1 comment:

Bum Atom said...

sounds like army mike digs ya, maybe you should toss school mike for army mike and he's cute, don't you think, if you're looking for love. you found it in the army. now go and get yourself a tan, and find a way to learn a language, I know you can do it