Sunday, February 17, 2008

be more perfect

I don't even know anymore. Every time I feel like something is finally going right and I gain the balls to submit a piece, I get rejected. I mean, it's whatever. I just would kill for one goddamned publisher to make me feel like the one thing I know I actually enjoy in my life isn't bloody garbage. I am just so frustrated right now. I know I'm not a bad writer. I just would love some freaking validation.

In other news, I scratched the heck out of my throat on Friday afternoon and was coughing blood for a good hour and a half after. Go Lilith. I swear. I probably am the only one stupid enough to purge in a dorm restroom and am exactly incompetent enough to scratch my throat in the process. I really am a freaking genius.

ANWAG is kicking my ass. I think I've realized how little I care about nuclear energy policy. Which kinda sucks cuz I'm contracted till the end of March and, by transit, have to fake caring till then.

South Africa is going to be amazing. I can't get over the fact that a year from now, I'll be on another continent, far far far away from everything here FINALLY studying what I want. I'm actually thinking of hopping on a research trip my family friend is doing to Sierra Leone in December and just going straight from there to Stellenbosch, just to get away sooner.

1 comment:

Amrita said...

Its not being perfect Lilith, get a hold of yourself and get help to asist you get over it.You can do it. You are a smart intelligent gal. Now c 'on do it.